Who We Are
What We Believe
The Church of the Nazarene is a “PROTESTANT, EVANGELICAL, HOLINESS” Church committed to reaching its community with the Biblical Messages of SALVATION and SANCTIFICATION. Our Christian Heritage is traced back to the Wesleyan Revivals of the 18th Century led by John Wesley. He believed that the Bible not only taught SALVATION and FORGIVENESS of sins through the Blood of Jesus Christ, but also SANCTIFICATION and HEART HOLINESS through the infilling and cleansing power of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. Therefore, we endeavor to teach and disciple Christians into a life of Spiritual Maturity and Victory by daily living in the power of the Holy Spirit of God.
Basic Statements of Belief
We believe that the following brief statements are essential to
Christian Experience & Belief. We believe:
1. In one God - The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. That the Old and New Testament Scriptures,
given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
3. That man is born with a fallen nature, and is,therefore,
inclined to evil, & that continually.
4. That the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
5. That the atonement through Jesus Christ
is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents
and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified
and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
6. That believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent
to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. That the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth,
and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
8. That our Lord will return, the dead will be raised
and the final judgment will take place.